Thursday, November 3, 2016

Animoto: Creating Picture Slideshows

Animoto is a website that allows you to easily create photo slideshows with musical background tracks. Most importantly, you can add captions to your photos, which changes Animoto from a nice way to share your photos to an educational tool.

For my trial video using Animoto, I made a simple video about the growth of flowers. With this video as a model, I could use this assignment to assess students' understanding of sequence of events expressions following an in-class lesson. Students could create their 30 second photo slideshow online using Animoto and then email me the link to their work.



I could also use this online tool for different assignments, such as assessment of spatial words ("above," "underneath," "next to," etc.) or, as the syllabus suggested, an assignment asking students to describe their daily routines would be an excellent way to use Animoto.

I like this website. I found it very easy to use and I recommend trying it out if you haven't done so before.  

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and so in keeping with your "flora and fauna" theme!

    ReplyDelete